And the adventure continues

We went in for the first oncology visit at Methodist with Dr. Heyne and things were going well.  He pointed out the positives that my blood work was normal and then examined the lymph lumps and said gotta biopsy those bad boys and it turns out we wear the same underwear that is pretty awesome -  but then he finishes with  - 'you have a potential blood clot in your brain and I really don't feel comfortable sending you home with a potential stroke.

He sent the MRI to the Methodist neurologist Dr. Volpe who concurred with him on the MRI that it was not a good thing to have a "possible partial dural venous sinus thrombosis which could account for the heterogeneous flow in the dural sinuses."

So here we are - I will cop to the fact that the double vision thing was starting to bother me and was worried about driving like that.  So Lee and I were glad they recommended getting that fixed first. The sharp stabbing headaches and neck pain also are not fun. 

So off to admission to get admitted.  That was at 1:00.  Then we finally got checked in and sent to the floor formally known as neurology on the fourth floor old wing.  Then I went through admission. Then transfer to the real neurology floor (tons of confidence building) on the 17th floor of the amazing new wing with an incredible room.

So now the action is starting to happen in a big way.  Might as well biopsy so those bad boys while I am here and get a few CT scans to really get a handle on the lesions.  As well as some blood thinners to get rid of the clot.  

So that is where we are peeps - it is 6:30 - I missed lunch and hope to get some great hospital dinner here shortly.  And I gotta tell you this room is NICE!  Top class.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!