Biopsy Confirmed!

So after thinking deadly blood clots and myeloma just two days ago - we get the call back from the doctor's office just now and based on the biopsy and scans it is cancer and it is Lymphoma.  YAY - only people in world high fiving each other of lymphoma but so much better odds than myeloma. We won't know the stage until Friday when I go in.

And for those freaking out about the MD Anderson appointment - I AM STILL GOING TO MD ANDERSON - I just wanted to be able to bring the full results with me I just needed to postpone the appointment.

So we have an appointment on Friday at 10:00 with Methodist oncology to get their take on everything. We have the MD Anderson appt set for Tuesday at 9:00 AM.  Both will have all the biopsies and scans to make a great decision on treatment!!

We are on the move forward people!!!! So psyched.

Still eating healthy, had a great walk this morning, soooooooo good to actually sleep last night.

On a side note about hospitals - when they asked about pain, I told them I had considerable pain and selected the 8th grumpiest face on the pain chart.  BUT I was clear that prescription strength ibuprofen was working (600 mg). When they gave me a pill I thought I was clear and all was good.  Then I realized the pill was a little strong.  When I asked what the gave me they said it was Norco - which is has hydrocodone and acetaminophen - - so basically an opioid - which is pretty annoying. So I guess you have to say no opioids dammit - and you really do have to ask questions about every single thing to make sure.

And let's be clear - they are giving me opiods just after bringing in the substance abuse counselor because to tell me my 6 glasses of wine a week is excessive and do I need some help with my substance abuse!!!

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes."
                                                  - Buck Murdock, Airplane II

Comments

  1. Ha. You're on the March forward! "The best way to predict the future is to create it" -Lincoln -- and you , my friend, are creating your own future!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!