Every so slowly - we move forward

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” Frederick Douglass

Interesting Mr. Douglass.  But we found out where the records are and of course they must be in different locations and not MDA.  The slides of the biopsy were "still being prepared" and you know that they have 72 hours they are not late.  I almost shouted -"I have cancer - I may not have 72 hours" but that seemed a tad dramatic. So went back to being the pleasant 57 y/o patient and thanked her and could she please make sure they went over as soon as possible. They courier them over to MDA so they will be over by Friday. In theory. It took a few calls but I know where they are and the number to call them. 

The CT scans went out by fedex to arrive tomorrow as well - they have an actual tracking number. So once again, not at MDA yet but they are moving. So we should still be on track for Monday. We have made progress.

Had to work from home today - a little too much pain and too much time cross-eyed.  A friend reminded me that I probably had plenty of double vision driving experience back in the Navy days - "drive like a pirate - with one eye closed".  But, again that seems a bit dramatic and I will stick with being safe and resting a little more to make sure the body stays ready to fight. 

It's all probiotics now.  Lots of articles that say that can help with the chemo recovery as well.  Have a long list of stuff - probably too much - on my side for the chemo.  

So feeling OK.  Getting a lot of work done in case things move fast for Monday and my incredible co-workers have to keep things rolling at work.  Filling out the Family Medical Leave forms (thanks Bill Clinton) - my team at work is really beyond amazing in support.  And all the support from friends and family does mean a lot.  

We are still eating massively healthy.  Down 11 pounds since Christmas. Which is good - but it does tend to make my head look unnaturally bigger and as I got older my neck developed some turtle like tendencies.  But - gotta believe the healthy eating, meditation, still walking the pups, no drinking no caffeine has got to be helping. 

Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!