The Verdict is In

Large B-Cell Lymphoma - Aggressive Stage IV.  And yes we freaked at the stage but he said it was because of the spread to other lymphs and the bones - BUT we are low to intermediate risk which is really the important part. The spleen stays - chemo should clean it up.

So that is all pretty damn good news - 85% survival rate - YESSSSSSSSS!

So now the research begins - do I take the Hyper CVAD, the EPOCH or the CHOP-R chemo route. My oncologist likes the tried and true CHOP-R that has been around for a while.  His blood cancer guy has a preference for the newer EPOCH and the dudes over at MD Anderson invented Hyper CVAD so he assumes they will recommend that.  Will have to see which is right for me.

So the plan -

  1. MD Anderson on Tuesday for their recommendation- and will probably stay with them
  2. Tests - Petscan, Bone Marrow Biopsy and Spinal Tap (they will zap in a little chem while they are there)
  3. Chemo - usually every 3 weeks for 18 weeks
So now it is off the to beach.  I have never been to the beach without a drink - so many new and wonderful things await me but at least my substance abuse counselor will be happy!!!

Comments

  1. Keep the substance abuse counselor happy and that way katie and I don't have to do an intervention. THIS IS THE BEST GOOD NEWS ABOUT BAD NEWS EVER>>>!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!