What can I do now

The good news was - I got that check up in January and the blood work was all right down the middle normal.which is puzzling that I have all these lesions but now cancer markers in my blood.

From the chart


The other good news is the lesions are not fully into the bone - no deformation yet so we will take that as good sign number two,

Also Mr. Lumpkin has a new friend on the other side of my groin. Yay - not a good sign

Good sign number three is I didn't wait and got things moving early.  So now what. It's the weekend before the oncology appointments and I am not sitting around watching the lumpkin brothers grow.

So let the research begin -want to scare the shit out of yourself - google multiple myeloma.  Wow -this is truly going to suck.

What's funny is when I thought this was arthritis, we knew that diet is a huge part of being anti-inflammatory so we started diving into The Plan by Lyn-Genet Recitas.  We knew that was going to help a lot with the arthritis.  But I also knew there was a lot to do for cancer.

So thanks to Amazon I got the first book - Radical Remission - surviving cancer against all odds by Kelly Turner.  Yeeeeeaaaah - not just normal remission bitches - I'm going full Radical Remission.

Also my niece Bethany tells us - sugar is death.  Sure enough, first chapter is how they put glucose in your body to because cancer loves that shit and lights up feeding on it. Damn - was literally going to eat unhealthy this weekend before starting this odyssey but no cake for you.

So off to the grocery store for healthy, organic cancer fighting foods and the last steak.  No read meat after today.

And we start meditating today. That's the second thing we can do right now. We already walk 2 miles with the dogs after a nice stretch -but the mind needs to get on board with the fight!

Had some eggs with onions, peppers and spinach. No more bread or anything like bread.  Will also try to eat more during the day so I can keep the energy and weight up. I a HUGE positive attitude right now.

I know why I was in such pain. The appointments are set. The diet is Radically changed and the mind and body parts are going to be working.

But the main points I learned (and learned throughout the journey) are these -

  • Take control of your health - you are the driver, listen to your docs, but make sure you understand everything and question it if it doesn't make sense to you
  • Follow your intuition - know your body and listen to it
  • Release suppressed emotions -you have to stay positive - get there and stay there
  • Increase positive emotions - find a way to be positive all the time - you will get down and that is fine, but get yourself right back up
  • Embrace support - we are not good this but got better - you need support and help to make it through - this is a rough journey
  • Deepen your spiritual connection - whatever it is, it will help
  • Have a strong reason for living - remember it and hold onto it tightly


Let's do this!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!