Where's the records room?

Dammit!  The word "patient" does not describe me in any sense of the word.  So today I called MD Anderson to see if they have everything and they don't.  So no appointment tomorrow - they are going to try and squeeze me in for Thursday now or next Tuesday at the latest because they have to have all the records, scans, slides and such from Methodist to give me a second opinion.

Soooooo frustrating - luckily our friend at Methodist is pushing to get all the records pushed over to MD Anderson today - but it is too late to get in for an appointment tomorrow.  My patient advocate at MD will call me later today and let me know if things moved - she was going to put a priority on the request from her end again to Methodist.  I called and resubmitted the request on my end and we know that was received from our Methodist contact so I think we are on the right track.  I was hoping they could get us in tomorrow, then do the three tests we need (bone marrow biopsy, this is spinal tap and the pet scan) and be pumping that toxic chemo into me by Friday.

But it is all hurry up and wait again - the pain was so bad this weekend, we were thinking of begging to just go in the hospital now and just get the tests done. ARGH.

If I don't have good news by this PM I will drive over to the records room and get the damn records and walk them over to MD Anderson myself.

On the plus side - I will get my teeth cleaned on Wednesday which we have seen is kind of key going into chemo and they can help you prep for any mouth related issues. And I have my first acupuncture appointment as well.  Acupuncture you say? Yes - in our research of surviving chemo, we found that acupuncture actually does help with handling some e of the side effects of chemo so why the heck not right?  We will have every advantage my friends - even if it is a little out there.  We still have to reschedule our Reiki appointment to get the bad energy OUT!

More to come.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!