Would it help?

One of my favorite movie lines was in Bridge of Spies when the Russian agent is in deep trouble and Tom Hanks is explaining his situation and that he could be put to death and the agent just calmly sits there. Tom gets exasperated and asks "Aren't your worried" and the guy calmly responds -

"Would it help"

When you have cancer, people expect you to be more worried, mad, down, - but I keep thinking about that line - "Would it help".

We spend a lot of time researching everything that is popping up daily right now.  The best we can do to take charge is to figure it out and figure out the best path forward.  And that is working. Nothing will crack our positive outlook (though I did bump into the bed last night - hard - with my leg which required a "F***k EVERYTHING" from me - - which seems funny now.  Really - everything?).

Tough to sleep last night before the big appointment today to hear the first plan of action from our Methodist doctor.  So thankful they got us in this week. We can digest this over the weekend.

Odd that there is not that much on surviving chemo out there -done a lot of reading on what works and found a few blogs which definitely helped.  So the response plan is evolving.  Hope they have something they can do for the pain in my head - that is getting worse and yesterday was not a good day - I was pretty hard down from 4:30 PM on.  Not fun.

But we are not worried - because seriously - would it help?

Comments

  1. I love this. Made me think of a line I liked from Fantastic Beasts, of all things 😂. He said “worrying just means you suffer twice.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to be impressed by your approach to this onus, though not surprised having got to know you over the years now. This is a wonderful distillation of a great approach to a completely shitty situation, and one I try to maintain in my much less serious troubled times. I'm sure there will be days when it'll be harder than others, but you're doing so admirably.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!