And so goes the hair

Feeling pretty good - got in the shower and the hair on the top of my head just started flowing down the drain. Knew it was going to happen but had kind of put it out of my mind.  But there it was going down the drain.

Got to the hospital and the blood work is good and so the MTX is a go.  So hurry up and wait for a room to open up and finally just got settled.  MD Anderson has a beauty shop that specializes in rapidly balding people - so off we go to get a quick haircut so I can stop shedding everywhere. Was wearing a Navy shirt so she said, you probably look like you did on day 1 in the Navy - I said it was very close. And didn't look too bad!  Pics to come later.

Still getting a dose of rituxin first followed by the MTX at around 3:00 AM.  Should be all done by 5AM - then it is time to flush it out.  Going to be a long night of high traffic in and out of the room. But then it is done for round 2.  Just takes time to flush.

So back in the room - we are getting it down Lee and I.  Had a great talk with a farmer from Mississippi who is on number 5. He says he has felt better every time and 1 was his worst.  Nice - wouldn't mind that kind of reaction.  He has to fly here from MS every 3 weeks and try to time his flight back.  So once again - we love living in Houston.

So - time to entertain myself.  Glad there is a little ACC Basketball with a smattering of TPC on this weekend.  That should distract well.

Comments

  1. If I recall correctly, you shaved your head at Kaplan when you lost a bet. It was a little "serial-killer-y" (is that a phrase???) but overall, not bad.

    And maybe that's not a bad look when you are killing cancer cells... GEDDIT!

    Just read your entire blog. Keeping you in my thoughts.
    I know you - and your team of family, friends, and medical professionals - will defeat this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me get this straight. You had to give yourself a shot in the stomach so that you could take a test where a passing grade meant that you were allowed to get a high dosage of chemo meds and then spend an entire day urinating. That IS a new normal. By the way - shaved my head today in solidarity bro.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!