Feeling lucky today

I have cancer and I feel pretty damn lucky right now.  We live 5.3 miles from the best lymphoma center in the world. Got a lymphoma doctor who is a world leader and also specializes in brain issues from lymphoma. My platelets are looking good. And I can feel my tumors - most people cannot - so I know this morning that the lumpkin twins have shrunk considerably.  They are half the size in the groin and I can't feel the one in my chin or the one in my left armpit.  Do you know how good that feels?  And #meandthefucker walked for 1.2 miles after a stretch and situps.  Day 3 of chemo and I am almost doing my normal morning routine.

And I took a small poop. Victory over the bowels.

But the most brilliant luck is something only I could conger up - I went to pee yesterday afternoon (they have to measure so I have to pee in plastic holders). Of course to accomplish this I have to unplug the fucker, wrap his electric cord around his scrawny neck and go past the bathroom door -open the door and go in.  Then wash my hands, open the door and come out and the fucker gets caught.  I try gently moving his wheels around numerous times but that fucker wont come out of the bathroom. Luckily I have Navy training so I give it a tug and he finally comes out and at the same time life giving chemicals spew everywhere. One of the bottle lines had caught on an ill placed clothes hook.  Who puts a hook there.  Luckily these are well trained nurses and mine responded immediately when she heard "OH SHIT" coming from my room.  She was professional enough not to also respond in kind - but instead immediately checked to see which poison was oozing out.

It wasn't - it was just the saline.  4:5 chance it was something critical - but it wasn't.  I am on a roll. The nurse said - I don't even know what we would do if you lost 1/3 of a bag of something critical

OK - Important safety tip - check the lines when moving around.  She did a good job of organizing all the tubes a little better to eliminate this in the future.

I know that it is going to get worse before the end - but I felt so crappy through most of January and February that this is just such a blessing to feel great - I will take it.

Christine comes today - going to be a great day.  Hope yours is great as well!!

PS - Watched netflix on computer last night and started with Jim Gaffigan - Noble Ape special. And was laughing so loud. His wife had a tumor in her brain and he has a great set on cancer and hospitals that had my rolling.  "They have to give you the size of tumor in terms of fruit -it's like they looked at me and said, this guy can't understand centimeters -it's the size of a pear"


Comments

  1. Yes! The more comedy specials, the better. You can always go with Pandora standup comedy too. It will rotate through some hilarious peeps. Start with Daniel Tosh, if you ask me. I also love the Bill Burr stand up specials. You might get a kick out of Sebastian Manascalco. Have fun with Christine!!! Keep kicking cancers assssss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!