Sleep - Wednesday can't come soon enough

Doc O the Day just flew by and said yes - I am doing great and things are on track to get me out on Wednesday. Oh glorious Wednesday. I can sleep in my own bed not hooked to some fucker and not getting blood drawn at 4:00 AM.  And they can't use the ports installed in my arm because the chemo would affect the blood sample. So they have to stick me twice a day to ensure I look like a proper heroin addict right about now. Add the blood thinner they inject in my stomach before dinner and wow - I love the needles.

But I feel OK. And blood work looks good -
White blood cells - 7.9   should be between 4-11
Red blood cells are low - 3.69 should be 4.5-6
Platelets - 304 should be between 140-440
Hemoglobin - 9.9 should be 14-18

But nothing to worry about - all is on track. And I am still good for Wednesday. The change of chemo happened later this morning at 3:30 and actually should be starting at 6:00 this morning so I could, in theory, get some sleep.

Bruce Willis movie last night in Death Wish - not worth it but enough to veg to.  Working on a new author Joe Ide - interesting hero. Working 4 hours today.

Two more nights.  Two more nights. Must poop.

Comments

  1. Doc, Doc, Doc... referencing your 3 Mar entry, the last time I heard you say "OH SHIT" upon spilling any liquids was you dropping a drink on Spring Break in Lauderdale in '83! Sending you & yours our very best! 'Melba Toast'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Behind the Scenes from Christine:
    - Headphones ended up in prune juice while he attempted some work today (hilarious moment)
    - Lee & Christine attended a class today about learning to clean the ports. Gag... almost threw up and accidentally went a little heavy on the squeeze of saline or fluids during demonstration that it shot straight into the air and mom laughed so hard she almost peed her pants. First timer on those syringes and this is tough stuff.

    All in all a good day. Dad's KILLIN it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!