And we are off

Spinal tap came back negative - but the docs are puzzled - there should be something in there so they are going to run a more refined test to check. And we might as well still dump some chemo in your spine right now anyway because better safe than sorry.  They keep raining on my very little parades. I mean jeez - a little good news and they are like - meh - still pumping more chems in you.

So second spinal test is done and the first good news in a while - spine is totally clean!!  So just weekly spinal methotrexate to keep the spine clear.

And the chemo has started - lots of premeds to counter the side effects.  This is supposed to be the worse om the rituxan.  But half way through the bag and OK so far.  They have to take vitals every 15 minutes at the start so I am now glad I didn't last night.

They are slowly upping the dose very 20 minutes until they max it out.

Pretty nervous today about the unknown but just so relieved that we are finally started - I finally have cancer fighting stuff in my body and it just feels great that its happening,  I needed to do something!!

FYI - so for someone who is reading this for the first time, the list below wasn't finalized until chemo #4 - so there is a lot of learning that went into - how to I get through chemotherapy?  I did a lot of research and basically the list below I try and do every day. I have a checklist to hold myself accountable.
So here is the daily routine right now to try and keep ahead of all the side effects and make sure I am as strong as I can be for the next round of chemo.
  • Daily affirmation - I am cancer free etc. hokie but helps - this is to stay positive
  • Stretching
  • Walk at least 2 miles a day - in the hospital I do this.
  • Sumo band work out - work the muscles
  • Meditate - this has really helped the last few weeks keep me focused and relaxed - using the Calm App
  • Deep breathing - relax and get more oxygen in there -also through the Calm App 4 minutes
  • Eat more - gain good weight / get vitamins
  • Flush port lines 
  • Take daily pills
  • Poop - hardest part of chemo so to speak- Senecot every day plus flax cereal keeps me going
  • Skin - dries out - keep moist - especially around the nails 
  • Get enough sleep
  • 15 minutes of sun for vitamin D - this really helps you feel good too - not too much sun but just enough
  • Mouth rinse multiple times
  • Probiotics - but only if white blood cells are good
  • Drink more water
  • Open pores - shower or bath - long hot ones - let those chemicals out
  • Dry brush - help detox and helps the lymph system move - so double detox
  • Pray for healing and thanks for all the support and progress
  • Thigh exercises - apparently the steroids weaken thigs - knee bends and lunges
All of these come from the web (it's world wide you know - so it's got to be true) or from those ahead of me in the battle.  It's a lot and we forget some at times - and then remember when I don't feel as well and then get back in the routine.  It's easy to get down and forget - but these really help and will help me get through six!

Comments

  1. Good to hear you’re on the way to defeating this shit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!