All quiet

I guess you do settle into a groove. It seemed that things were so much more hectic before that I had now  time to breathe and catch up. Now it seems like things are moving very slowly. A snails pace which is not overly bad. At least I get some time at home.

And I am working at home. The blood cells are still down so I don't want to pick up an infection at work and have a set back. Not really worth it since I can do everything by phone and email.

The nurse yesterday did dash my hopes for early release saying they just do the six chemos no matter what. Seems a little counter intuitive to MD Anderson's claim that every treatment is customized but since.  But when Cancer, like Apollo Creed says - "Ain't gonna be no rematch" - I will take the Rocky approach - "Don't want one".

So we are half way there. Two months in and getting some of the other fun side affects like tinnuitis (everything sounds really harsh), a little neurpathy (tingling in the fingers) and of course constipation.  Let me just say that if Senecot needs a spokesperson, I am down. That stuff is a wonder drug.

Yesterday we finally celebrated - not with booze - but with an amazing ice cream sundae. I mean it was amazing. Thank God my taste buds still appreciate the greatness in life and are not compromised. This thing was heaven. And we had left over lamb (sorry Pete and Shelley). It was glorious - but I still didn't gain any weight.

Oh well - another good day.  Will take it. Don't have to be in the hospital until possibly Friday for the Mid-Course Brain Chemo Methotexate.  They will stop those at four so that reduces the hospital time.

More to come by Thursday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!