Celebrating good times - come on!

Apparently Lee and I have a reputation for knowing how to celebrate.  We got a lot of texts and calls about how we should celebrate all this great news! Most involved drinking emogis. My boss even sent an amazing bottle of champagne. And we certainly had a lot to celebrate with the news about remission.

However -I am still in the middle of chemo and certainly don't feel up to it.  Staying alcohol free and mostly sugar free until all this crap is out of my system. Alcohol can still affect all the millions of chemical interactions with the chemo and I can tell you I see a beer or glass of wine or people drinking a single malt on a movie and it looks so tempting.  But my taste buds are way off and I have heard that some people no longer like the taste of things the used to like.

Too big a risk.

So the celebrations wait until we are done with chemo. If it is 6 sessions, that means we complete in  June with this stuff out of my system in July. And that bottle of champagne will be the start.  For now we can celebrate with just feeling good and smiling all the time.  Which I do.

I have always loved life -but I can tell you that life is even that much sweeter now.

Grasping for the positive during the 6 day hospital stay. And things are positive.  Pretty non-eventful hospital stay but still a stay in the hospital. Spinal yesterday went well and I was not a slow dripper -yay.  Big news!  Still very clear which is good - will see if it is still clear of cancer cells.  Blood work is all good. Not any nausea yet. Got a lot of work done yesterday.  Some good Dallas Stars Hockey on the TV. And the sumo workout continues.

So I got that going for me.

Should be out on Saturday so I get a little bit of the weekend - so all in all - not too shabby.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!