Checking in, no change, clinical trial

So the blood work was good today -really good. I am waiting to check in. Always takes a while to get a room here.

While I was waiting for my doctor's appointment - they brought me back to ask if I wanted to participate in a clinical trial where they look for biological markers to determine if you have lymphoma after remission. So basically they are going to take extra blood each time I get blood drawn so they can test for these markers. Obviously they need something better then a full blown PET scan every time.  So - they really need to determine if there is a blood test for cancer.

Would be pretty cool to help them do that so heck yes you can take more blood - I got plenty.

So on to our normal Chemo #3 today - starting the halfway point!  5 days of chemo - R-EPOCH - starting with the Rituxan tonight.

Feels a lot better hitting the chemo knowing we have made so much progress. We don't come back for an appointment with our normal doc until the 25th - then we will hear if there is an update to our treatment plan (if any).

Onward!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!