Now it's a pH issue

In the big chemical mixing pot that is my body right now - it's always something - this time it's the pH.  I got checked in after waiting the required 3 hours in the lobby and got settled in the room.  Started on the fluids IV but the orders for the mid-course chemo were for April 5th which means they can't start until midnight.  And by God they will start at midnight which means no sleep.

Sure enough, take the prep drugs for the Rituxan at midnight and about 2:00 am the pharmacy gets the Rituxan ready and they plug me in.  Remember with Rituxan they have to do vitals every 15 minutes for the first hour and 30 minutes for the second hour and it is a 2 hour bag.  Party on!!

It was one of those times when Navy sleep training really kicked in.  I was so tired I was able to get an OK sleep in between all the wake ups.

Since they are pumping fluids in me, I also have to pee a lot and they are testing the pee because I have to be at a pH over 7 in order to get Methotrexate (MTX).  I am only at a 5 - which seems really odd and the nurse is really new.

Lo and behold after shift change I hit a 7!! So I am finally supposed to get the MTX at around 11:00. Dammit - probably means I can't get out on Sunday - it will be Monday.  But hey - feeling good - did my walk, got my Starbucks, and doing some work!

Roseanne Roseannadanna was right -when it comes to all the chemicals coursing through my body - it is always something

Here is the evil looking Methotrexate drip -looks disgusting

Comments

  1. But you are looking feisty and ready for a brawl. Go you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!