What is normal?

Interesting conversations this weekend with various family. There are times when I feel so close to normal and we are doing normal, non-chemo things that you actually almost forget that we are in the middle of the battle.  Then I look in the mirror and it is really clear that I am not that normal.

Even Christine said this weekend - that I sound normal and we talk about everything but cancer and it seems like it did in December. And then someone asks and she is like - oh yeah - we are doing that cancer thing.

But it is so cool to be normal and I am having more normal time this treatment so that is a good thing. But there are those not so gentle reminders.

Some new odd things - I have no more hair in my nostrils. But you begin to understand their function as my nose just randomly drips down my face.  My eyebrows have thinned considerable and will probably not exist soon.

More random - I did not have a great sense of smell before and now it is very acute. That is not really all that good when the nausea hits and you suddenly are acutely aware of every awful smell close to me. Yay.

Sitting waiting for blood work to come back so I can actually go to work. My medical team is not really all that concerned with my ability to earn a few pesos here and there.  After we got the blood work, will go to work then come back for the spinal tap.

Lee gets a break this week to go do some wedding stuff which is nice. More normal.  They are going tasting to determine the menu for the festivities which is so cool.  Any breaks appreciated and not much going on while she is home.

Feeling good again.  Even with a shot in the tummy this morning. Will take it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!