Where's the patient

Lee and I get a kick out of this.  It happens a lot. People come in the room and look at the empty bed and ask "where's the patient".  When I am sitting on the couch.  It happened when I checked in yesterday.  I got my stuff unpacked and sat on the couch and started reading, set up the computer, got the crosswords out and my water glass (they give you tiny cups that don't work for me) and the nurse came in and looked around and started to look in the bathroom for the patient.

It happened on my walk this morning.  Y'all know I have just a bit of an ego and like to know I am tops at the fighting cancer thing.  And I never see anyone else walking the halls with their fuckers.  I just figured they are walking somewhere else.

But I went up the elevator with a doc and she said she has worked here close to 20 years and never had a patient take their IV stand and go walk the halls to get a work out in. Not once. I get a lot of "god bless and keep going" in the morning walks from people I pass (so many slow walkers wandering the halls getting my way).

I honestly don't know what else to do - everything I read said it is the best way to tolerate chemo and get it out of your system quicker is to stay active.  Eat protein and work out.  Adding the sumo workout has made me feel better and tolerate each chemo better.

So I will continue to love the "where's the patient" questions we get and a few "praise the lord" from the volunteers who see me busting butt down the hallway - but I am just trying to get through this the best way we can and get to the other side with minimum impact.

So done with the MTX this morning. Now drinking more to get out of here by Monday.  To get a week off before Chemo #4

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!