Why the brain chemo?

So the spine has been clear of cancer cells so why I am still doing brain chemo?  Because the lesion that was hurting my vision in back of the head is just not quite healed yet.  The MRI shows just a tiny blemish left. So in the eyes of the doc, there still could be a cancer cell hiding in there. We aren't gonna blast it with radiation or biopsy it because that is too risky - so we pound it with MTX.

So why risk it getting brain cancer? We aren't.  We go forward.

What I needed the most was a full plan which is what we can up with yesterday.  I hated the not knowing week to week what we are doing. Now I know what we are doing from now to the end. Nothing I like more than the plan

So if you had brain cancer - you would do the MTX regimen that I am doing. And only that. And if you had lymphoma, you would do the R-EPOCH regimen that I am doing and only that.  Because of that slight chance of brain cancer - we are doing both.

Luckily my body is handling it though it is definitely wearing thin and now we have had a lengthy discussion of the plan and agreed upon the plan. I asked about going to 5 and the doc looked at me like I had three heads - why? (well because chemo really sucks and I hear 6 is the worst) - nope he says, we get it done. Could we go to 4 on the MTX? Nope - not until that skull is fully healed. As long as there is any blemish there, we pound it.

But it was a great discussion and I appreciate that he listened and then told me no.

Going in the hospital for brain chemo (MTX) #3 tomorrow through Monday more than likely. 
Chemo #4 May 6-11
MTX #4 May 17-20
More scans this week to make sure all on track
Chemo #5 May 27-June 1
MTX #5 June 7-10 - LAST ONE
Chemo #6 June 17-22  RING THE BELL - LAST CHEMO

My sister sent me this



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!