#4 Finishing up

About the start the final bag - the one hour last one - of Chemo #4.  Four down for main chemos and 2 to go.  Will be home just after noon today which will feel amazing. Should be about six more weeks of treatment - which still seems like a long time. This truly is a marathon.

But 4 was the easiest so far - so what I am doing daily must be helping somewhat. Plus pushing on the right nausea meds.  I will take it.

So far:

  • 4 main chemos of 6 days in hospital - 24 days in the hospital
  • 3 brain chemos of 4 days in the hospital - 12 days
  • Total of 36 days in the hospital
  • 10 lumbar punctures
That is a ton of chemo.  

What's left - 
  • 2 main chemos - 6 days each - 12 days
  • 2 brain chemos of 4 days - 8 days
  • 4 or so lumbars
So 42 days left in treatment with 20 of those days in the hospital.  Plus the blood tests etc.  

Whew.  But it is encouraging to feel good today getting out. A little tired (duh) but I slept great as well. And I am eating better in the hospital now that Lee brings me food and I don't try and eat this stuff here.  And I pooped the whole time! Major victory there (one of the other guys said #4 totally stopped him up and made him miserable. And we had great visitors to lift my spirits and take a load off Lee and give her some great down time. 

So on to the final swing.  6 weeks - anyone can do anything for six weeks (especially if it means you get to live). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!