Back in the saddle again

Back in the hospital.  So far this is the 4th chemo combined with 3 brain chemos - 7th stay in the hospital and so far 21 days in.  It's a lot. And the chemo builds in your system which makes it harder to handle as you get towards the end.

First the great news - my central nervous system (brain and spine) is still very clear. They normally look at just the microscope  and can see some things but this time they did flow cytometry to really get the best look at the fluid in my spine and it shows no cancer cells.  This is a big deal.  With have the lymphoma running but we need to make sure the brain is clear to be cured and ensure no relapse.

The nurse said "you are a pro at this now" and it seems I can claim pro status. Even with all the interruptions of getting the chemo started last night I got a solid nights sleep for the first time on this chemo run.

So I wake up feeling good and get started on my daily work - get some real work done with my team and keep this party rolling.

Lee and I tried Shake Shack for the first time while waiting for the hospital room to get ready.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!