One more side effect and excercise

Another late breaking side effect was revealed during last appointment with our LPN - we were discussing the side effects and she asked if I had noticed my thigh muscles getting weak. Apparently that is another fun thing from the steroids in our chemo - it starts to weaken those muscles. 

So we are adding some squats, step ups, lunges and leg raises to the daily mix to try and counter act that new fun one. I did notice on the walk today that those muscles are weaker. 

Doing the tennis ball squeeze has definitely helped with grip strength. That was really getting weak as well. 

Last day before chemo #5 - going in tomorrow afternoon for a late appointment with the doctor. That means a late admission and late chemo.  Luckily I am getting good at sleeping through that. 

Mouth sores are gone finally - which is good. It definitely comes from the methotrexate chemo round (brain chemo) and I only have one of those left in theory. 

Anxiety creeps in my brain every once in a while but this time I am really getting good at beating it back and enjoying this great day.  The attitude is winning again.  A must in the final month of chemo. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!