Spectacular weekend - the last of the cargo shorts

Weather has been great. I have the energy and been eating well.  Took the pups for long walks both mornings in great weather. Nice breeze, gorgeous sky and not really humid which is rare for good old Houston.  We rode bikes yesterday to get a burger in the afternoon -- almost like normal people.

Even met the new neighbors across the street.  Felt great to be normal again (albeit bald and with very little eyebrows). 

Only thing that is off is the mouth sores and the fatigue - but getting through both. Will be perfectly healthy just in time to get some more chemo.!!  Woohoo! (that's by design of course)

Had a great chat with the classmate who went before me on the double hit lymphoma, r-epoch train and he basically said reading the blog is like reading his journey.  And he is still doing great - though the mouth sores got worse on 5 and 6 for him and he didn't have the MTX midpoint.  He also had to stop reading the web on the disease as he got in the same funk.  Good to know - and being positive is way nicer.

On a side note, I have been battling Lee for the better part of 3 years over cargo shorts and have been losing the battle. Today I may have lost the war. Instead of wearing my nice fitting gym shorts I thought - hey, let's be totally normal and wear real clothes.  However the last pair of cargo shorts I own now are way too big.  I should have known that. And the belt I have had to go all the way to the last hole to even hold them up.  I suspect when I return from the hospital, the last of the cargo shorts will be history.  She wins the fashion wars again.

It is a dilemma - do I hold on to old clothes thinking my weight will come back - or is the new thin Dave the Dave of the future.  Hard to know - but my less than fashionable cargo shorts will not survive no matter what. 

Just another casualty of chemo. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!