Test and Hospital Day

My packing for the hospital gets more involved as we now know what we need to make the best of it as possible. It is pretty odd that they don't have good blankets in a place where people need to stay warm sleeping. And they want you to stay hydrated and give you a 8 ounce styrofoam cup which is useless. I bring a large insulated cup to hold water so I drink more.

Also, I luckily had good nurses on day 1 that told me I didn't have to use the useless hospital gown and could wear my own clothes.  Of course I bring my speaker, a small puzzle, two books, sumo band, a good liquid shower soap with moisture, baking soda toothpaste to help with the sores.  And now we bring my own food.  That has been the second big key.

As I read more about detoxing the body from the chemo - dry brushing has come up and been advsied by a couple of people.  Anyone have any thoughts?  It's another quick and easy thing to add to the list and a brush costs $10 on Amazon so why not if it is supposed to help detox faster.

So the prep continues - our appointment for blood is at 12:30 followed by doc visit at 2:30 then on a waiting list for a room which will probably happen some time tonight which means up all night for the first wave of chemo 4.

My sister sent me a bon courage from France this morning with pic below. And any quote from a Bill Murray is worthy of the blog.  We are destroying any remaining cancer cells with dynamite!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!