And better

Feeling even better today. With the exception of my kidney readings, my blood numbers were really good yesterday and they stopped the zarxio. They always give me too much - don't know why. Mouth sores are almost gone and not impeding eating (and I finally had coffee after 5 days without) which is good because my appetite is back too. Got down to the lowest weight again - the usual with the evil methotrexate. Lee got me some cake and ice cream to push that back up.

Exchanged emails with Dr. Fowler again on what is next. They have delayed chemo #6 a week to figure out what to do with the kidney issue and see if it improves. He is consulting with Dr. Wilson, who basically pioneered the R-EPOCH regimen, on my case - which is pretty cool.

I think I mentioned it - but the survival rate of the fairly rare cancer I had was pretty dismal before R-EPOCH.  And this has only been a couple of years now that they developed it. And now the survival rates keep climbing as they get better and better at it. So we thank God for Dr. Wilson and Dr. Fowler for pushing in an area that didn't have much research before!

The biggest issue that is so annoying right now is that they have no way of knowing you are cured. Lymphoma is essentially a blood cancer - but there is no blood test to see if there are any remaining cancer cells and they can't see it on any scan. So they absolutely know when you are in remission - but it takes just a few cancer cells to start dividing again to ruin your day and they have no way of knowing if those cancer cells are there in your body.

So - we will know more in the next couple of days. I hope the Wilson Fowler meeting happens asap so we know for sure what we are doing because I truly love these kidneys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!