Not too bad

I remember having some serious fear of how I would feel at this point. I had heard bad things about chemo 5 and 6 and was dreading it.  I mean I have basically felt crappy for 4  months and the thought of feeling crappier was pretty scary.  Which is why I was trying to find ways to prevent that by researching every single thing I could on detox for chemo.

So all in all - not too bad today. The steroids have worn off (we now know the exact moment this happens because my voice gets a little weirder - higher and softer. Happens to be the exact pitch that Lee cannot hear so that I sound like a softer version of Charlie Brown's teacher when I speak from another room. Lots of "what?").  The senecot kicked in - so I am not feeling too bad.

Part of that is definitely the routine and part is they didn't jack my chemo.  With others that went before me, they increased the dose every time - mine they didn't need to and they couldn't because of the Methotrexate in between.  So I got a little lucky.

So I am back home and doing work. Got a lot done this morning and yesterday.  May even tackle the lawn later on as it is a little crazy.

Update on the beach house - basically booked solid this summer so that paid for itself. We took it off the rental market at the end of August because I will be fishing there dammit! Also, dealing with the rental is a pain in the butt.  So much for the great slum lord experiment.

I was lying in bed thinking about 3 weeks left (plus another 2-3 to recover from last chemo) - and trying to put it in perspective, I thought of coming back from Navy deployments. After 6 months at sea, it took about 3 weeks to get back from the Med and while that time went slow, it was nothing compared to what we had been through. Put me in a better mind set.

It's not the time - but the time in the hospital.  So much hospital time. But I least I can maybe finish that painting. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!