Peach fuzz coming in pure white

So it's been one week since I finally got out of the hospital - and tomorrow will mark the first time since March 1st that I will go 8 days without a bag of chemo hanging from my arm.  Jeez. Still doing all my detox stuff so that I can get even healthier.

Imagine waking up knowing that you will feel better than you have in 5 months. Every day for the next week or so. It is pure heaven.

And we went to coffee shop number 3 this morning. It was a little far so just drove over there, walked the pups and sat outside and sipped my coffee and had a great egg taco.  Absolutely grand.

The hair is coming in like an 11 year old going through puberty. All peach fuzz on my face and head. And it is pure white - I mean no color whatsoever.  So the first round of hair should be interesting.  Don't care as long as it is growing which means there are less toxins in my body. We did add wheat grass to the mix because there are indications it helps with detox and a couple of ladies drank it during breast cancer treatments and didn't lose their hair.  So maybe it will help.

Girls come tomorrow and I will have my first adult beverage since February.

Interesting side note in my post cancer research is that people struggle with two things - what to talk about since cancer and treatment has basically been the only thing you talked about for 4 months and the looming question of will it return.  Lee and I have had no trouble with number 1 (wedding, beach house, work, Houston house pups and binge watching the Americans) but number 2 creeps in my mind occasionally and will continue to push it away because I am cancer free.

Cheers people! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!