Waking up to possibilities

Woke up this morning feeling better than I have on MTX yet.  I know it is because I have an even better attitude as I count down to the end.  Docs and nurses come in and talk about the end being so near. I am 13 days from ringing the bell on the last day of chemo.

You cannot possibly know how good that feels. 

The caregivers say, "hey you might get out Tuesday if you clear the methotrexate" - not falling for it.  Haven't cleared in 48 hours yet so no false hope.  Did walk a little bit longer this morning. Saw Doc Fowler when I was outside doing my deep breathing and even he is excited we are almost done. 

On the last day of chemo you ring the bell here on the chemo ward. Both the girls are coming for that celebration to stand by me. So we will celebrate father's day a week late.  And that will be a just amazing and I get way to emotional thinking about it.

I know it is still two weeks away but I woke up to the possibilities that life will go on. I was dreading this time frame because I heard it was really bad and yet here I am with everything we did working to my advantage.  Not exhausted, no real neuropathy, no debilitating side effects so that I can go back to living far quicker than we thought.

Hell - even my white count went up after methotrexate this morning. I mean what the heck. Every single time it went down after MTX and now I am back in the good zone!! This body is rocking the chemo.

I got no eyebrows, no hair and that's about it. But it turns out I am a DBD - dashing bald dude - so it'as all uphill from here.

Possibilities baby.  Possibilities!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!