Don't you, forget about me.....

So MD Anderson did forget about me. I was supposed to get blood work done weekly. I reminded them Monday and they immediately set an appointment for today. And my blood work is good. White cells and neutrophils are in the good range. My red blood cells and hemoglobin are still low but coming up significantly.  Platelets are good.

My kidneys are still not healed completely. Creatinine has come down from 1.8 to 1.46 but should be under 1.  So still a ways to go.  Even with enjoying cranberry juice - we are still healing.

It is funny to feel so good yet know your body is still recovering from the brutal onslaught of chemo. Not a patient guy.  I asked how long I would have to take antibiotics and the LPN said probably three months.  I thought it would be when the white cells were back - but apparently not.  He said to check with the doc when we have our appointment on the 18th.

So - still recovering.  Sigh. But doing pretty damn good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!