I have eyebrows dammit!!!

What a great feeling to have hair growing in the right places now!  Eyebrows, eyelashes and hair on my head all coming in nicely. Hard to believe that it has only been a month since chemo ended - because things are so normal.

On Friday I actually got my first full paycheck since February - now that's a good feeling!

Based on all I read and heard from others, I am way ahead of the game on recovery working 8 hour days and doing very well.  Every so often I get a feeling like chemo side effects but then it goes away.  So other than that I am doing great.

Side note on the blood work - the webisphere was correct - cranberry juice does help the kidneys but my platelet count went down. The only thing on my blood work that went down - I was still in the good range so no big deal, but important thing to note.

And it's probably good that the beach house is rented through August - we won't be able to use it until Labor Day weekend - so guy recovering from cancer just died from flesh eating bacteria after a trip to Florida. So Lee wouldn't let me near the water anyway.  Crazy times out there.

So we are living life and not thinking about the scans. My appointment isn't until 2:30 on Wednesday and you have to fast before hand. Which is probably good because now that food tastes so good again, I have put on 12 pounds!  (and wine tastes so good again too).

Been a great weekend and I hope you all had one as well!!


Comments

  1. Lots of prayers will be said on Wed for clean scans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of prayers will be said on Wed for clean scans!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

This is Spinal Tap!