I have changed - and this is the last post for now.

We gave away the last of the cancer supplies to another person doing battle so that there is nothing in the house to remind me of our journey through cancer. My hair is actually filling in and has a little color  - it has a lot of white there - but also some color. The sinus issue that made me think of brain cancer is gone. Food tastes so good again I have gained back 12 of the pounds I lost - and I could easily gain it all back if I don't slow down.

So basically I am a normal guy again. So it is time to put the blog to bed as well. I will still post after scans (October 21st is already on the schedule). But if I put cancer behind me - there is no reason to blog.

One last thing to post is that people ask if the ordeal changed me and I have to say of course it changed me. You don't come that close to losing your life and act the same. I am more patient. I looked at the blue sky both mornings this weekend with awe and appreciation. I bought Lee flowers at the farmers market - which I have never done. I don't yell at the morons on the road as much. I think more about my family and how much they mean to me. I think about the friends that rallied around us and realize how lucky I am. I appreciate that I get to go to work at a job I actually love.

And I think about what I want to do with the time I have left - in case it is not 30 years but something less than that.  I feel that we cheated death for a reason - and there is something I need to do to give back and I think about what that will be. I don't know what that is - but I know I have to do something.

But for now, I smile a lot and enjoy the incredible life I have with just a few very little side effects.

So one last thank you to all that supported us in this incredibly difficult time. We needed the love and support to get through to this incredible end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!