It is another great day to be alive

A year ago on New Years day 2019 I woke up with a large lump at the top inside of my thigh. It may have been growing for a while but I noticed it for the first time that morning as I woke up.  We had toasted the New Year's with champagne and were full of excitement about what 2019 would bring - so much promise and not a real care in the world - which was immediately dashed with a diagnosis of stage 4 lymphoma, double hit, with lesions in my skull, spinal cord and hip.

And I had to go through hell to get here - but here I am.

As you make your New Year's resolutions - please stick to them. Because you seriously do not know what you will wake up to tomorrow.

  • Love your family - keep them close - almost losing them is too much to bear -  believe me. And I needed all of them close to get through this. 
  • Love your friends - the prayers I got from around the world are a big reason I am here
  • You need your health - the chemo will kill ya just as much as the cancer it seems - you have to be healthy to fight. So if your resolution is get healthy - PLEASE - do it 
  • Love your life - it is the only one you have and believe me, when you think you might lose it, you realize how truly amazing it is.
  • Enjoy - everything. Every single day. Attitude can really get you through anything- it was our secret weapon that totally destroyed my cancer.
I check my thigh every morning to make sure that the death lump is not growing back and when I realize it is not there I say to myself -

It is yet another great day to be alive!

Please remember that tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!