It was the best of times....

It was the worst of times. All in one day. Started out feeling great. Walked the pups, nice breakfast, got a lot of work done. Felt so good to work and get stuff done. Then I got ready to go for blood work and spinal tap and started to feel a little nauseous. Then the pain in the back of my head returned with a vengeance.  Then the pain in my hip.  Got the blood work done.

And just started dragging. Luckily brought an anti-nausea pill with me.

So of course things will work out at the hospital and I will get out of there quickly. Nope. The blood people didn't do the one test they needed to release the chemo for my spine. So they had to re-do the test. But of course pharmacy got backed up so it took another hour to mix the special spine potion. Finally - it arrives and all goes smoothly. As I feel worse and worse.

Driving home I am plotting exactly how I am going to hurl from the car without dying or falling out the window (luckily these are skills we mastered first year at the Naval Academy).  It's a crowded street in the city with people heading home and I really don't want to ruin someones pleasant walk home on a Friday with a Monty Python like stream.

Luckily - nothing bad happens. I lay down and finally start to feel better later that night.  Turns out its probably the steroids actually wore off yesterday at precisely 3:00 PM.  I thought it had done so earlier but the pain in my head says otherwise. I would have paid for more steroids last night.

On the plus side, I now have to battle mouth sores and get to give myself a shot in the stomach each day to build up those white blood cells.

So it's all good. Trin was a little worried about me when I got home last night

Comments

  1. Brutal. Hope your night goes better. On the plus side you’re with the pup....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

They call me Complete Remission

I have eyebrows dammit!!!

This is Spinal Tap!